Research Fellow, Applied Mathematics/Computational Mathematics/Statistics
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences is seeking a Research Fellow to join the interdisciplinary research group led by Associate Professor Wang Li-Lian, aimed at employing methods from Computational Mathematics and Statistics to various disciplines such as Biomedicine, Materials Science and Earth Sciences. The hire is in line with a university wide initiative to advance the application of Computational Science in interdisciplinary research.
- Develop mathematical/statistical methods for analysis of complex data arising from various application areas
- Perform numerical studies, including simulations and real data analysis
- Draft research papers for publication
- Assist in supervision of final year projects for undergraduate students
- Ph.D. degrees in Applied Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Statistics, or closely related fields
- Strong knowledge of advanced statistical principles, stochastic PDE and analytic methods relevant in biomedical research
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong programming skills in R (or MATLAB )
- Good organizational skills across individual projects, managing own work load
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude and the ability to work with researchers from other application disciplines
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU