Research Fellow, Neural Stem Cell Derivation and Transplantation Therapy
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
- Derivation, characterization and optimization of neural progenitor cells from human induced pluripotent stem cells for in vitro cell manufacturing
- In vivo cell transplantation for neural tissue regeneration in the central nervous system
- Design and execute experiments independently
- Interpret experimental results, and author papers in high-quality journals in areas that are related to the research
- Work closely with the Principal Investigators to help supervise and train students and junior lab members
- Ensure smooth functioning of an active research program
- Expect to work well in a collaborative inter-institute environment
- PhD degree in Biological Sciences, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Regenerative Biology or a relevant field
- Skills and knowledge in Molecular Biology (Western blot, immunostaining, quantitative PCR etc)
- Skills and knowledge in Mammalian cell culture (experience with induced pluripotent stem cells and/or adult stem cells preferred)
- Skills and knowledge in Machine learning and basic bioinformatics
- A proven solid research experience in the context of multi-partner research (academic and/or industrial) and a significant publication record in indexed international research journals.
- Creativity to solve challenging technical problems with uncertainty
- Good communication skills to work with researchers from biological / clinical backgrounds
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU