Research Fellow, Machine Learning for Materials Science
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
School of Materials Science and Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow will work closely with AMDM collaborator Prof Buonassisi at SMART. This fast-paced, team-based research will enhance the Research Fellow's collaboration skills and leverage his/her hands-on, can-do attitude and priority-management skills.
- Develop applied machine-learning algorithms for predictive design of materials
- Develop experimental apparatus to experimentally validate predictions
- Design & conduct experiments
- Disseminate these in written and oral forms
- PhD in Materials Science, Physics, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Experimental research experience in materials research and/or experience in machine learning applied to materials science (ideally both)
- Demonstrated research experience with functional materials
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team with clear communication skills and to develop own ideas
- Strong “can-do” attitude to transcend disciplinary boundaries, and ramp up quickly on best practices in new fields
- Efficient work habits, good time management, and ability to prioritize tasks are essential qualities
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.