Research Assistant, Molecular Biology
A Research Assistant position is available in the laboratory of Prof Peter Preiser, School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
We seek to recruit a Research Assistant to investigate the regulatory and functional mechanisms of RNA modifications in Plasmodium pathogenesis. The selected candidate will work on a project to study translational control mechanisms centring around nucleic acid modifications in malaria biology. Using state-of-the-art mass spectrometry techniques and genomics, the candidate will be expected to carry out a multi-dimensional analysis to address:
- Which RNA modifications can be identified and how do they change with the parasite lifecycle?
- What are the molecular determinants involved in catalysing these modifications and targeting them to specific sites?
- What are the functional outcomes of these modifications in regulating translation in Plasmodium?
- The candidate will work under the supervision of a postdoctoral mentor at SMART AMR as well as collaborators at NTU.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in biology or a closely related field
- Experience in molecular biology work, gene cloning, and mammalian culture will be an advantage
- Experience with the use of mass spectrometry is desirable but not necessary
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.