Principal Research Fellow, Cryo-EM, cryo-ET and SPA
NTU Institute of Structural Biology (NISB) have an open position at NISB-EM facility for an electron microscopist with extensive hands-on EM experience (TEM and SEM) on cellular tomography and single-particles analysis.
- Work in a team of support staff that looks after high-end Electron Microscope and its ancillary equipment/tools.
- Provide guidance and training to students and staff scientist on sample preparation, imaging and data collection using EM instrumentations.
- Established cellular tomography workflows for EM analysis of cells and tissue. This include correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM) of room temperature specimens, cryo-imaging techniques for cell (cryo- confocal and FIB milling) and conventional EM (sectioning and immunogold labelling)
- Possess PhD degree in Biological Life Sciences or related disciplines and have a strong track record in structural biology, biophysics and biochemistry, microbiology and cellular biology
- Minimum 10 years of full-time hands-on EM experience (TEM and SEM) on cellular tomography and single-particles analysis
- Experience in working with CLEM (cryo and room temperature samples)
- Experience in providing EM training/teaching to students and staff scientist
- Extensive experience in protein expression (bacteria, insect cell and mammalian expression system) and protein purification
- Excellent teamwork awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong responsibility for research work and able to work independently
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU