Research Assistant/Associate, LKCMedicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant/Associate in the Laboratory of Professor George Augustine and Dr Judy Sng
We are recruiting a research assistant/associate to join the laboratory of Professor George Augustine and Dr Judy Sng at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC Medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Our lab focuses on the study of epigenetic and molecular basis of neurotransmitter to elucidate the fundamental mechanism for plasticity in the brain. For more information, please visit: www.neuroepigenetics.com
- Establish and carry out protocols related to transcriptomics and epigenomics
- Maintain inventory of laboratory reagents and materials
- Purchase lab supplies
- Maintain records of experiments, protocols and compliant safety standards
- Coordinate weekly lab meetings
Qualifications and skillsets:
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (for Associate level) or equivalent in any relevant field of neuroscience, cellular/molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Applicants should have at least 1 year of research experience and be proficient in basic molecular and cellular biology techniques, especially in cell culturing, histology, microscopy, etc.
- Experience in working with animals models is an advantage.
- Self-motivated individual with an inquisitive mind and good analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Have effective communication skills, be well-organized and be able to shoulder responsibilities.
- Be able to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
- Being familiar with laboratory management and administration (e.g. procurement, safety) is a plus.
- Be able to travel between NUS and LKC NTU for collaborative experiments.
We provide exciting opportunities and vibrant atmospheres as well as state-of-the-art core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your CV, cover letter and names of two references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC