Senior Project Specialist
The primary responsibility of the Senior Project Specialist in the CEO Office is to create a detailed business analysis of the SIP, outlining problems, opportunities and coordinate actions towards achieving the strategic plan. One of the main objectives is to help managing and coordinating the mega projects in the UAEU-SIP, as well as managing and overseeing the units progress in implementing strategic initiatives and actions in a cost-effective way. Finally, the role is to also determine the requirements for and implement a strategic communication with stakeholders, facilitators and partners on how the SIP create, deliver and capture value.
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
Processes and Coordination
- Identify and develop key processes to ensure an agile and comprehensive strategic plan implementation.
- Coordinate organizational unit’s efforts towards implementation of a strategic plan.
- Identify and develop tools and controls to ensure policies, procedures and processes are implemented properly and corrective actions are taken for continuous improvement.
- Participate in community and organizational activities/events as an official representative of the CEO as assigned.
- Maintain a visible presence as directed by the CEO at the local, state and/or national level. Mega Projects coordination and project management
- Ensure coordination and alignment across mega projects and with the UAEU-SIP strategic plan
- Coordinate with mega projects owners, the development and execution of their annual project plans in alignment with the UAEU-SIP business plan (Scope, operations, resources, costs and performance indicators) Impact assessment and Reporting
- Determine a framework for SIP to create and use impact assessment, indicators, and forms of reporting and channels.
- Ensure systematic data collection and analysis for reporting purposes.
- Prepare and send data for internal departments and strategic partners per request.
- Engage in risk management assessment for various business units and propose expert opinion to mitigate risks and enhance corporate governance.
- Prepare the SIP Annual Integrated Report. Capacity Building and Performance Management
- Support building capacity and identify training needs.
- Support SIP employees in identifying personal goals in alignment with the strategic plan initiatives and activities.
- Oversee SIP employees’ performance evaluation process.
- Ensure performance evaluation conducted as per the University policies and in a timely basis.
- Ensure feedback is provided to employees for continuous improvement. Partnerships and Board liaison
- Serves as a member of the CEO's executive staff, participating in discussions and decision-making.
- Manage and follow up on agreements and liaison with SIP strategic business partners.
- Manage liaison with the SIP Board of Directors.
- Assist Chairman and CEO in reviewing the SIP and verticals’ strategic objectives and suggesting changes wherever needed.
- Develop strategic relationships with business providers, banks and financial institutions, government bodies, suppliers, key ecosystem players and other strategic business partners
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Proficiency in computer and business and sales software.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic. Third language preferred
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and research skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent computer and technical skills and knowledge of report writing software.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Professional experience of at least 12 years in relevant field with a minimum of 10 years corporate experience
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division UAEU Science & Innovation Park
Department UAEU Science & Innovation Park
Job Close Date 01-12-2020
Job Category Staff
Salary 0 to 0 AED