Research Fellow, Adaptive Optics
A Research Fellow position is available in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
The Research Fellow will work on a project to conduct the research on development of high resolution optical coherence tomography imaging system and techniques. The roles of this position include:
- Design and develop optical and optomechanical systems including adaptive optics systems, digital refocusing algorithms, and image acquisition/processing software
- Develop standard of operation procedures for development of high resolution optical coherence tomography imaging systems based on adaptive optics and digital refocusing techniques
- Secure intellectual properties of the research works before publication including preparation of technology disclosures, filing patent applications, and responding to the comments from the patent office
- Draft study reports / manuscripts
- Support validations studies in animals and human subjects
- PhD degree in one of the following specializations: optics, optical engineering, control and automation, optical instrumentation
- A least 3 year of research experiences (excluding PhD candidature) in adaptive optics and computational adaptive optics
- Proficient in C++/C# programming, and experienced in GPU-based programming
- Research experiences in correcting ocular aberrations for high resolution ophthalmic imaging
- Good track records of research publication as the first author in mainstream optics journals
- Self-motivated and ability to work well with a team or independently
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.