Research Fellow, Engineering/Humanities/Social Sciences
The NTU Institute of Science and Technology for Humanity (NISTH) invites applications for our Research Fellow position.
NISTH’s focus is on impact. We aim to realise real and positive change in the world by unusual combinations of Sciences, Technology, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences to tackle complex problems. We engage in team science where scientists, scholars, professionals, government, NGOs and the public work on shared goals. This will shorten the chain from scientific finding or technological innovation to adoption and consequently translating to real world impact. We imagine a time period of 20 years from 2020 to find solutions to the global challenges that society is facing today. NISTH brings together key actors, thinkers and leaders to execute change for the benefit of humanity.
The Research Fellow will actively engage with NTU research community and external partners in activities to communicate, evaluate and translate research to society for impact.
- Identify grants, develop relationships
- Write and proof grant proposal narratives
- Manage grant timelines, applications and proposal submissions, including organizing relevant supporting documents, gather letters of support, financials/data
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Review grants
- Relevant PhD degree in related field in Engineering or Humanities / Social Sciences
- Have technical expertise as well as experience in experiments and studies involving people
- Experience in writing grants and taking part in larger research projects are preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU