Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Mathematics/Science, Level B/C/D
- Based in UniSA Education Futures at the Magill Campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Salary range: $100,184 - $161,778 per annum (plus up to 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Contributing to the teaching and research activities of UniSA Education Futures, you will be involved in the development, delivery and coordination of courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. You will also maintain and develop your scholarly research by contributing independently and as part of a team to support the Unit.
Appointment at Level D will be a leading expert in the field of Mathematics/Science and will make a significant contribution to academic leadership to support the Units teaching and learning initiatives in undergraduate, honours and postgraduate programs, advancing the research profile of the unit through program development and collaborative research supported by competitive research grant funding.
About UniSA Education Futures
UniSA Education Futures is developing education professionals who will play a crucial role in the learning and development of children, young people and adults. Our research contributes to innovation in education and preparation for learning, supporting and informing new approaches to practice in the ever-evolving education sector.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver courses on campus, offshore and online
- Establish a program of research and contribute to research activity, independently and as a member of a teams
- Supervise honours and higher degree by research projects
- Build national and international relationships with industry, business, university and community bodies
- Contribute to the leadership of the Unit and actively participate on committees and forums
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD qualification aligned with Mathematics and Science
- Capacity to deliver high quality teaching in traditional and contemporary modes, and at Level C, experience in teaching a range of course material
- Commitment to developing a program of research and at Level C, demonstrated establishment of a program of research
- Experience in the supervision of higher degree by research students to timely completion
- Demonstrated leadership through mentoring activities
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Competitive salary negotiated under the Enterprise bargaining agreement
- Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Julie Bennett. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2633.
Applications close: 11.30 pm Tuesday 1 December 2020
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.