Assistant/Associate Professor in Taxation Accounting
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), established in 1976 as a federal institution with a focus on intellect, culture, and science, is the oldest and leading university in the UAE. Known for its pioneering spirit, it is one of the top universities in the region, and has a vast and influential alumni network of more than 65.000 graduates. The “UAEU aims to be an innovative, socially-conscious university which will generate a community of future leaders by encouraging collaborative research, providing a learner-centric educational experience and cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship.” (mission statement). With the vision of “Advancing Knowledge, Serving Society, and Developing Future Leaders.”In line with this mission and vision, the College of Business and Economics (CBE), AACSB accredited since 2000, redefined its strategy, accordingly, reflecting its ambition to «be, from a business angle, a catalyst for technologically-driven innovation in relation with the digital economy and the 4IR», and focusing on
- leadership, managerial, business and economic challenges in relation with the 4IR, the digital economy, technologically-driven innovation, and induced business-model innovation;
- accelerated development of graduate education; and
- strengthening corporate relations and internationalization.
As part of this strategy, the CBE now seeks to appoint a highly motivated academic for a full-time position as Assistant/Associate Professor in Taxation Accounting in the Department of Accounting and Finance starting August 2020. The candidate is expected to actively engage in promoting the growth of the Accounting program and the College of Business & Economics (CBE) at UAE University.
The Accounting and Finance Department is reputable for excellence in accounting and finance education and research in the UAE and within the GCC and the MENA region. It aspires to be one of the leading global centers for accounting and finance thought. The Department is part of the oldest and largest University in the UAE and the only AACSB-Accounting Accredited department in GCC and MENA region. Our undergraduate and postgraduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge necessary for navigating and providing leadership for the complex global world of business; and helps them develop the skills needed for participation in society. Our faculty experts research a broad range of topics that provide insights into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting, finance and society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Accounting, with significant input in the design and delivery of courses in Taxation;
- Engage in innovative approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading Accounting and Taxation journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committee at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the College Dean.
The application package should include a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in Accounting, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instructions and communication in the CBE. Please submit your application online at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp .
The application package should include a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in taxation accounting and related software, and a brief description of current/future research activities.
Earned PhD degree in Accounting from an internationally recognized university.
A PhD degree in Accounting (preferably with focus on Taxation Accounting and tax accounting software).
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching Taxation Accounting at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Demonstrated ability to publish in leading Accounting journals;
- Mastering computer skills especially specialized 4IR and accounting related software;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Very good interpersonal skills. In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates with experience, strong research and publication potential/record in Taxation Accounting (or related accounting areas).
Special Instructions to Applicant
All inquiries about this job may be directed to Dr. Mayada Youssef (Mayada_Youssef@uaeu.ac.ae), Chair of the Accounting and Finance Department.
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Accounting and Finance-(CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty