Research Fellow, Additive Microstructure Engineering Laboratory
The Additive Microstructure Engineering Laboratory (AddME Lab) in the school of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU (Singapore) is a young, diverse, and interdisciplinary research group with interests in in-line microstructure control and assessment during selective laser melting (SLM) processes. In this framework, we are collaborating with the Institute of High Performance Computing under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), to simulate the microstructure of metals produced during SLM. We are seeking a talented, motivated researcher to work on phase field modeling of solidification and microstructure evolution in SLM.
- Develop in-line monitoring techniques to characterize the materials during SLM processes
- Synthesize materials with controlled microstructure by means of SLM
- Assess the mechanical properties of produced materials
- Deep, proven understanding of the phase field method, with instances of code written, and its application to material science problems
- PhD in mechanical engineering, materials science, or related disciplines;
- Strong programming and scripting skills (minimum one language among C/C++, Fortran, python);
- Good publication record
- Good level of English
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.