Research Fellow, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, NTU (Singapore) invites applications for our Research Fellow position.
The applications of the materials will be on electrochemical energy conversion and storage technologies. In particular, the main focusing applications include fuel cells, batteries and photocatalysis of CO2. The project will also involve theoretical calculation by density-functional theory (DFT).
- Involved in projects related to synthesis of metal-organic frameworks and their derived nanomaterials
- Carry out advanced in situ synchrotron x ray diffraction
- Preparation of nanomaterials such as noble metals and alloys (Pt, PtCox, and PtNix)
- Characterization of electrocatalytic properties of the synthesized nanomaterials in different reactions, including oxygen reduction reaction (ORR), oxygen evolution reaction (OER), hydrogen evolution reaction (HER), CO2 reduction.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, or related fields
- Strong track record of publication in related disciplines
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, as well as organizational
- Rich experience in design and synthesis of different nanomaterials including noble metals (such as Pt, Au, Ru etc.), alloys (such Pt-Ni, Pt-Co, Pt-Fe etc.), metal oxides, sulfides and other inorganic materials and organic-inorganic nanocomposites
- Competent in common materials characterizations such as XRD, SEM/TEM, XPS, TGA, etc
- Knowledge in electrochemistry and electrochemical technologies
- Prior experience in electrocatalytic testing for different reactions including Oxygen reduction reaction (ORR), oxygen evolution reaction (OER), hydrogen evolution reaction (HER), CO2 reduction, etc
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.