Internal Communications Manager
DEPARTMENT OF INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing a comprehensive internal communications service to deliver the University’s strategic messages and provide all staff with meaningful and consistent information about activity across the University. This is a key role working with the Deputy Director of Communications and Marketing and Directors of Human Resources and Transformation Office when required in communicating a sense of purpose and various policies across the University:
- Establish internal communications strategy in collaboration with HR/Transformation Office and in line with the University of Pretoria strategy;
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders;
- Initiate, implement and monitor internal university communication procedures, channels, campaigns and activities to ensure integrated and effective internal information flow;
- Ensure that support and services provided by the section are aligned with UP, departmental and divisional objectives.
- Relevant Bachelors’ degree and/or an equivalent Marketing/Communications or BA in journalism or public relations;
- Three years’ experience in the following:
- Extensive experience with internal communication;
- Project management including development and implementation of new initiatives;
- Team development;
- Financial, administrative and HR management;
- Writing for a variety of different audiences.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge and understanding of University governance structures and processes;
- Knowledge of project management, including the development and implementation of the new initiatives;
- Knowledge of writing for a variety of different audiences;
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database management and presentation software);
- Excellent written and oral skills;
- Strong initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Good planning skills;
- Ability prioritise work, organise and deliver multiple tasks for deadlines.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Additional diploma / certificate in PR or Marketing
- Additional diploma / certificate in Internal Communication / Stakeholder management;
- Management qualification;
- Postgraduate qualification in Communication or Journalism;
- Project management qualification.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 26 November 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Tebogo Setshedi, Tel: (012) 420 5261 for application-related enquiries, and Thembi Tlale, Tel: (012) 420 4228 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 22 December 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.