Health and Safety Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced health and safety professional to join the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care. The post holder will work with academic and professional services staff across the Faculty so that we continue to improve health and safety arrangements for our staff and students. You will support our teams in new ways of working, both remotely and on campus - and help ensure that everyone looks after their health and well being at work.
The successful candidate will support the effective operations of the Faculty. This will include the lead responsibility for advising on and overseeing health and safety management within the Faculty, office space management and coordination of all emergency and contingency planning. You will be the first point of contact for all new starters and leavers.
You will ensure the continuous appropriateness of the health and safety management structure, effective management of risk, incident investigations and office space utilisation. You will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders at faculty and university levels.
Our part time health and safety manager has been doing an outstanding job in developing an inclusive health and safety culture within our Faculty. This new full time post will provide an ideal opportunity to build on these achievements.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- Ensure effective collaboration and liaison among all stakeholders at the Faculty and university levels to ensure clear lines of accountability are maintained at all times and all stakeholders are provided with relevant and timely information to make fully informed decisions in respect of Health and Safety.
- Collaborate with King's central Health and Safety Office to ensure that strategic level decisions are effectively embedded within the Faculty and that senior members of the Faculty's staff, with a responsibility for Health and Safety within their departments and teams, are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that risk assessments for teaching, research and other Faculty activities are up to date and relevant.
- Ensure that procedures are in place for accident, incident and near miss reporting and investigation.
- Support academic staff in investigating student related reports.
- Work closely with academic and professional services staff to provide an effective coaching, advice and training provision mechanism in the Faculty to allow managers and staff to comply with their responsibilities
- Lead on ensuring that contingency or emergency arrangements are in place in case of disruption or threats to Faculty activities
- Manage the Faculty's office space and be the first point of contact for new starters and leavers.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate or higher
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Display screen assessment assessor
- Excellent general administrative skills
- Solid Health and Safety coordination / management skills with the ability to ensure the organisation is fully Health and Safety compliant
- Proven ability to translate policies and guidelines into work operations
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft suite; Internet; databases) with desirable knowledge and skills of SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) with a proven ability to develop sustainable relationships with staff at all levels
- Coordination of Health & Safety within a complex organisation
- Risk management, with the ability to develop and apply effective mitigating actions
- Simple data analysis and interpretation
- Proactive approach towards identifying improvement opportunities
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build sustainable networks and relationships
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English, with clear and concise communication skills
- Space management training or qualification
- Office space management, including office moves
- Management of small to medium projects
- Experience of budget management and procurement
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role.