Senior Programme Manager
The Dickson Poon School of Law is seeking to recruit a Senior Programme Manager to lead the development, maintenance, review and support of international education and lead the operations of the professional education in the School.
The post holder will oversee effective delivery of programmes that are provided in partnership with external institutions, organisations, and customers. The post holder will manage the School's suite of international partnerships and the operations of the School's growing portfolio of professional education.
Successful candidates will have a good understanding of international and professional education, excellent communication skills, experience in change management and supporting teams through changes, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
The School has over 35 partner universities worldwide, nine joint or dual degree programmes, and numerous study abroad or agreement pathways for inbound and outbound study at the undergraduate and postgraduate level. The Senior Programmes Manager will work collaboratively with academic and professional services colleagues throughout the School and university, as well as engage extensively with international partner institutions and academic networks to ensure that the School's international strategy contributes to the university's international objectives.
The post holder will also provide stewardship to the School's professional education stakeholders and partners, oversee effectively delivery of programmes that are delivered in partnership with external organisations and customers, and support the development of new third stream activities as they arise.
The successful candidate must have experience with line management and creating high performing teams. The post holder will ensure a consistent, high level of professionalism, student focused customer service, and compliance with university and School strategies and priorities. The post holder will maintain an overview of the team and its needs with reference to performance and development, setting expectations with and assessing achievement against benchmarks of delivery, agreed timeframes, expectations, key performance indicators and service level agreements.
- Maintain an overview of the team and its needs with reference to performance and development, setting expectations with the Programmes Team and assessing achievement against benchmarks of delivery, agreed timeframes, expectations, key performance indicators and service level agreements, providing feedback to the Faculty Education Manager on an agreed frequency
- Assisting academic and professional services colleagues with programme development, to ensure programme teams are supported through planning, resourcing, and enacting best practice around programme development
- Implement and communicate local and central education regulations and policies and support their development
- Ensure the involvement of service users and stakeholders in development and improvement of services; including oversight of complex complaints, wider organisational dependencies and ongoing management of service expectations
- Work flexibly as part of a team, supporting others in times of high demand, maintaining an oversight of resource levels. Leading on recruitment activities for the team, and deputising for the Faculty Education Manager as and when required
- Embedding a culture of continuous improvement in the team through identifying areas requiring strengthening and working at a local and university wide level to define, develop and implement administrative processes and policy and systems which contribute to business resilience
- To be an agent of change, championing change management activities across the Faculty, working closely with the Faculty Education Manager to facilitate this
- Generate, analyse, provide reports and present management information data to a wide range of stakeholders. Interpret and analyse management information from a broad range of suppliers to understand and inform the Faculty's position, including monitoring data relating to adherence to and achievement against SLAs and KPIs
- Represent the Faculty's interests in university wide service improvements projects engaging with relevant stakeholders, groups and committees across the university to influence change. Working closely with the Programmes Team to implement and assess the impact of service improvements
- Maintain an oversight of resource deployment in the context of workload, team structure and utilisation of resource in line with the Faculty and university's strategic plans, reporting on successes and setbacks and providing analysis to inform the changing shape of the service
- Ensure that quality assurance requirements and, where required, accreditation requirements are met for all courses.
- To ensure all work is carried out in a professional and timely manner, with appropriate confidentiality and sensitivity. To maintain an up to date knowledge of the Data Protection requirements and to support Freedom of information and subject access requests.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Educated to degree level Degree or equivalent
- Excellent skills in motivating and performance managing a team, developing and maintaining a positive, proactive culture of continual review and development
- Excellent communication skills including to ability to draft documents and correspondence, lead and contribute to meetings with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience of translating complex regulations, processes and information in suitable formats for a variety of audiences
- Experience of stakeholder management, maintaining networks and the ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner to negotiate and influence to ensure the best outcomes for the university
- Experience of managing high-profile partnerships at a Higher Education institution
- Significant experience of working within regulatory and statutory frameworks, both internal and external
- Comfortable working independently, exercising own professional judgment in a proactive manner.
- Relationship and customer service oriented, collaborative and enjoys working with colleagues at all levels across different functions and faculties to achieve shared objectives
- Experience of change management and supporting teams through changes to structure and practice
This advertisement does not meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will not be able to offer sponsorship for this role