Research Assistant, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of wind energy technology. The research assistant should be knowledgeable of fluid mechanics and turbulent flows. It is recommended that the candidate has experience of flow characteristics and wake of the wind turbine. The preferred candidate should have demonstrated experience in both experimental and computational fluid dynamics and have at least a master's degree in a relevant field. The assigned task of the RA in this project involves studying the effect of some complex terrains on the wake and performance of a wind turbine. Candidate’s duties include management of day-to-day activities of the project; conducting laboratories and numerical experiments, and publish research findings in refereed journals.
- M.Sc. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a relevant field
- Experimental experience in the field of turbulent flow measurements
- Experience in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Good technical and writing skills.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or a relevant field
- Good experience in a CAD software
- Experimental experience in the field of turbulent flow measurements in the wake of wind turbine
- Numerical Experience in flow simulation of the wake of the wind turbine.
- Good publications record in the field of wind turbines.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 31-05-2021
Job Category Staff
Salary 0 to 0 AED