Director Learning and Innovation
3 days left
- Full Time
The National Institute of Dramatic Art is Australia’s premier training ground for future leaders and practitioners in the performing arts. NIDA’s vision is to ensure that the next generation of creative leaders are enabled and empowered to tell powerful stories on existing and yet to be imagined creative platforms. A destination for inspiring and innovative thought leadership, NIDA provides leading edge education through globally relevant, practice-based learning experiences.
NIDA is committed to building a diverse community of staff and students and strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability to apply.
NIDA is seeking an exceptional agile education leader to be responsible for providing overall leadership of NIDA’s accredited education programs.
The performing arts and education sectors are undergoing a critical process of change. NIDA is now building on its high quality practice-based approach and imagining what it is to learn and perform across existing and new platforms. As Director, Learning and Innovation you will play a key role in defining the overall suite of NIDA’s course offerings, enabling positive cultural change to support innovation and experimentation, contributing to organisational development, embedding diversity and inclusion plans, and encouraging self-agency in staff and students.
Reporting to the CEO, as a key member of the Leadership Team you will be able to demonstrate substantial experience in driving curriculum design, pedagogy and innovation, developing and supporting academic leaders and evolving learning practices and methodologies that enable excellence and industry currency.
Key focus areas are:
- Play a lead role in driving a multi-year education strategy and innovation in pedagogical development that builds on NIDA’s excellent education and is fit for a disrupted and technologically enabled world.
- Set the direction for NIDA’s education offer that enables the next generation of creative leaders to thrive.
- Lead learning and innovation strategies for both staff and students through a time of rapid sector transformation.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Demonstrated experience and success as an academic leader in a similar role within a tertiary practice-led educational environment with knowledge of trends and developments in performing arts and the higher education sectors in Australia.
- Strong ability to inspire, motivate and drive cultural change with an established team and foster enthusiasm and innovation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications at graduate level (ideally PhD) in contemporary education practices and/or in an area relevant to the position.
- Strong people management skills and experience including ability to build and maintain productive working relationships and negotiate effectively.
- 11.59pm, 30 November 2020
- Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
To apply, have a confidential discussion about the role or obtain a position description, please contact Maria Duca, People and Culture Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org