Research Fellow, Nanomaterials
The School of Materials Science and Engineering is looking for a highly motivated and experienced candidate to join us as a Research Fellow (RF). The RF will join a government agency funded project led by A/P Ng Kee Woei (https://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/kwng/).
The RF will join a multidisciplinary research team and will be responsible to develop nanomaterials formulation(s) suitable for application as matrices in MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry analysis. The RF will also be responsible to profile the nanotoxicological risks associated with potential human exposure to the developed nanomaterials. The RF will supervise and lead a small team of junior researchers including students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Conduct thorough literature review and generate periodic updates
- Synthesize, functionalize, and characterize nanomaterials (e.g. TEM, XRD, DLS, FTIR etc.)
- Carry out MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry to analyse biocorona on nanomaterials
- Carry out nanotoxicological assessments
- Develop and optimize protocols
- Supervise junior research staff, undergraduate and graduate student projects
- Manage logistical issues and laboratory inventory
- Coordinate collaborative work within multidisciplinary team and external collaborators
- Generate periodic progress report as required by funding agency
- PhD in Materials Science/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or related fields
- A strong track record of research ability and demonstrated contribution to research (e.g. research publications, grant applications, patents)
- 2 years relevant postdoctoral training experience
- Experience in nanomaterials synthesis, functionalization, and characterization required (e.g. TEM, DLS, FTIR, XRD etc.)
- Experience in nanotoxicology research
- Experience with MALDI-ToF mass spectrometry and biostatistics data analysis is preferred
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good coordination/project management skills
- Able to plan and execute experiments with minimal supervision
- Able to take initiative to improve processes and troubleshoot problems
- Able to organize well and adhere to deadlines
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.