Research Associate, Camera System Engineer
Rehabilitation Research Institute of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
- Work on a research project to create a data-driven markerless motion capture system at the hardware level
- Development of an eight-camera system with hardware synchronization and camera calibration among 8 cameras and with existing marker-based motion capture system (Qualisys)
- Quantitatively evaluate and characterize the system for the error of the synchronization and calibration
- Collect a dataset using the created system
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience are welcome to apply
- Python programming (+ optional experience of interoperation with C/C++ for a low-level implementation)
- Multi-threaded programming / Producer-consumer design pattern
- Ability to design and implement basic image processing algorithms from scratch at the pixel level
- Understanding of camera and digital image processing. Experience in OpenCV is advantagous
- Basic electronics, embedded system skillset and CUDA programming skill is advantagous
- Experience in marker-based motion capture system is advantagous
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU