Research Associate, Asian School of the Environment
(Civil and Environment Engineering/Water Resources Management/Environmental Science)
Asian School of the Environment (ASE) is currently looking for a hydrologic modeller (Research Associate) to conduct studies on the performance of natural infrastructure relative to flood risk mitigation and stormwater management, for several case studies in Southeast Asia. The successful candidate will have experience developing, calibrating, and validating hydrologic models (e.g. SWAT, SWMM, HMS, MIKE, or research models).
Under the supervision of Prof. Hamel, the successful candidate will:
- Review the literature on hydrologic modelling of natural infrastructure in Southeast Asia
- Develop and validate hydrologic models for case studies in the region
- Support the development of natural infrastructure scenarios
- Communicate results to stakeholders and the scientific community in written and oral forms
- Master’s degree in Civil and Environment Engineering, Water Resources Management, Environmental Science, or related fields (candidates with a Bachelor degree will be considered for a Research Assistant position)
- Experience developing or applying hydrologic models (e.g. SWAT, SWMM, HMS, MIKE…)
- Good command of geographic information system (GIS) software (e.g. ArcGIS, Qgis)
- Experience using statistical analyses software (e.g. Matlab, R) is a plus
- Excellent project management skills, organization, and attention to details
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.