Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Women in Academia Only
1 day left
- Full Time
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne School of Engineering
Department/School: School of Computing and Information Systems
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
- Australia’s No. 1 ranked Computing and Information School
- Seeking outstanding female computing and information engineers hungry for career development
- Highly flexible and inclusive culture
At the School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS), you'll find curious people, big problems, and plenty of chances to create a real difference in the world!
About this Opportunity:
This is a truly exciting opportunity for two (2) outstanding and dynamic academics to join our internationally recognised group of academics where you will also be supported to make a significant contribution in teaching and globally impactful research.
We are looking for aspiring leaders in Computer Science or Information Systems research, with ambition to publish in high quality journals and conferences, mentor research students, and secure independent grant funding to support a program of research.
You will be joining an internationally recognised group of academics and will initially work with the Head of School or a delegate from among senior academics in the School.
If you are academic with a burning vision to solve big questions, and have a strong record of achievement in any area within the broad disciplines of Computer Science or Information Management Systems, we encourage you to submit your expression of interest!
Our core research groups are:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Systems
Under a Special Measure, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) the School is seeking to lift the representation of women from 20% in 2014 to at least 25% over the next 5 years, and strongly encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates.
Naturally you will be able to demonstrate accomplishments and track record in the following:
- PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Relevant research track record as evidenced by research publications in high-quality journals, conferences, technical reports, or other scholarly publications
- Proven ability to perform independent research and commitment to interdisciplinary research
- Capacity to teach effectively across a range of subjects, including the capacity to develop and deliver seminars and lectures and contribute to other teaching activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to build networks with industry partners and other researchers, both local and international
- Proven track record of working both independently and with teams in a professional and cooperative manner; ability to establish rapport with all levels of staff within a diverse work environment
Additional experience in the following – while not mandatory would be favourably considered:
- Experience supervising postgraduate research students
- Experience in curriculum development and implementation at undergraduate and postgraduate level that will maintain the school’s programs at the highest international standards
- Practical experiences working with industry or research institutes
- Experience in acquiring competitive research funding, either individually or as part of a team
For appointment at the Senior Lecturer level (Academic Level C), please refer to the attached position description.
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, we are globally engaged; comprehensive; research-intensive; and committed to responding to the major challenges of our time.
The Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE) is strongly committed to supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace. Improving the representation of women is necessary in our goal to innovate and to strengthen MSE’s reputation as a best-in-class centre of research.
About the School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS) We are international research leaders with a focus on delivering impact and making a real difference in three key areas: data and knowledge, platforms and systems, and people and organisations.
What we offer you
We offer flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - including generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, and we’ll support you in doing what you love.
We seek to increase the diversity of our workforce and the representation of all members of our community that have been traditionally under-represented.
If you’re curious, motivated and ready to undertake a meaningful and rewarding role we’re ready to meet you.
How to Apply
Apply online, complete the application and upload your Cover Letter and Resume.
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse
Applications close: 07 Dec 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time