Research Fellow, School of Computer Science and Engineering
School of Computer Science and Engineering is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Fellow.
- This is a research fellow (post-doc) position, and a Phd in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent, with a track record of publications in top tier venues is a must.
- This is a position in a project for managing data in edge-computing environment, where data is redundantly stored using a mix of erasure coding and data replication, and where the data may mutate over time. This requires design of a suitable architecture, as well as consensus algorithms to manage the data consistency efficiently.
- The person working in the project will be responsible for (i) designing and validating the consensus algorithms for data consistency where data is stored using such mixed redundancy (erasure coding + replication)
- The person working in the project will be responsible for (ii) designing a suitable system architecture for storage of data in said manner.
- The person working in the project will be responsible for carrying out experiments for the aforementioned tasks, and prepare report with analysis of said results, for publication.
- A Phd in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- A track record of publications in top tier venues
- Background in at least one of the relevant topics (and willingness to learn the other): erasure coding theory, consensus algorithms for data consistency
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.