Research Fellow, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow in the Laboratory of Dr. Franklin Zhong.
We are currently recruiting a Research Fellow who will join the laboratory of Dr. Franklin Zhong at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
We are among the newest members of LKC medicine. Our lab in the brand new Clinical Sciences Building, located in the heart of Singapore, focuses on understanding the intricate relationships between the human innate immune system and microbes. Some of the questions we seek to address are
- How does the human innate immune system recognise diverse pathogens that can rapidly evolve to evade the immune system?
- How does the immune system differentiate dangerous pathogens from beneficial symbiotic microbes?
- How does dysregulated innate immune response contribute to auto-immune diseases?
You will join a team of young and passionate scientists to work on a number of exciting scientific questions with basic and translational value.
For more information on Dr. Zhong’s research, please visit:
Conceptualize, design, execute and analyse experiments to understand the human innate immune system and its interactions with the microbiota
Skills and qualifications:
- PhD in cell biology, biochemistry, immunology or other life science disciplines.
- Extensive experience in molecular biology, such as CRISPR, lentiviruses, protein techniques etc
- Experience in human immunology and mouse models of diseases are strongly preferred.
- Strong independent research record as proven by at least one first-author publication
- Strong passion about pursuing a research
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply via APPLY NOW button below with your cover letter, CV and names/ contact details of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.