The Asian School of the Environment is an interdisciplinary school that integrates Earth and environmental life science, ecology, engineering and technology, human ecology, humanities, and the social sciences to addressing key environmental challenges related to climate change, geohazards, sustainability and global environmental change, with a focus on Southeast Asia: https://www.ase.ntu.edu.sg/
The successful candidate will be part of a team at the Asian School of the Environment (ASE) at Nanyang Technological University who will be working on an ongoing program of field-based and computational research to reconstruct the history of earthquakes and tsunamis along the Sumatra subduction zone.
- He/she will take part in decision-making discussions and be involved in all fieldwork and workshops.
- Investigation of the sedimentology and chronology.
- Assist to ensure publications are rapidly disseminated.
- The successful candidate must have completed a Master’s degree in Physical sciences
- Skills in sedimentology of coastal systems are highly desirable
- Experience of paleoseismology of the Sumata Subduction zone required.
Interested applicants should send a full CV and names and contact details of two referees in one document.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be notified.