Assistant Professor in Clinical/Counselling Psychology
Assistant Professor in Clinical/Counselling Psychology (Psychology and Child & Human Development Academic Group)
The National Institute of Education (NIE) is among the world’s top education institutes, recognised for its excellence in teacher education and educational research. NIE has played a key and pivotal role in shaping and developing Singapore’s teaching profession and landscape through evidence-informed, practice-focused and values-based programmes and initiatives.
An autonomous institute situated within the research-intensive Nanyang Technological University, NIE is consistently ranked within the top 15 in the world for research impact in the field of Education.
The Psychology and Child & Human Development (PCHD) Academic Group at the NIE is a department comprising a team of educators and psychologists passionate about the application of psychology to general education, as well as the specialized domains of early childhood and special needs education. We have a strong focus on teaching and innovative pedagogy, and a research culture that views psychology as an integrative discipline to help us advance our understanding of human thought and behavior to help individuals adapt and learn at their best.
We invite suitably qualified applicants for positions at the Assistant Professor level in Clinical or Counselling Psychology. The position may be in the relevant areas of counselling and psychology such as clinical psychology and counselling psychology.
Successful candidates must have:
- A doctorate degree in a relevant field, specializing in clinical psychology or counselling psychology
- Eligibility for registration by Singapore Psychological Society is preferred and will be an advantage
- Evidence of strong research productivity
- Willingness to understand and support the work of colleagues beyond one’s niche area of expertise
- A strong commitment to and aptitude for teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels
- A good record of accomplishment in teaching and research, and / or a promising trajectory in research and publication.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with the Singapore education system and/or working with students with various exceptionalities is preferred
Successful candidates will be expected to :
- Teach existing and new courses at the undergraduate, pre-service, in-service and graduate levels, more specifically related to clinical and counselling psychology courses (e.g., Psychological Testing, Psychopathology, Advanced Counselling Skills etc.).
- Supervise graduate students in their dissertations/theses as well as student practicum and/or fieldwork in multi-cultural settings.
- Develop a research agenda and program, and to publish in reputable journals as is customary in his/her field
- Establish professional connections with local and international researchers and practitioners involved in the specific expertise area
- Share expertise with NIE colleagues through various platforms
- Undertake administrative and/or leadership roles and to contribute to other service related activities at the department and Institute levels
- Engage in program leadership and curriculum design and development
Please submit your application together with the following documents to us through : https://ntu.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Careers/job/NTU-Main-Campus-Singapore/Assistant-Professor-in-Clinical-Counselling-Psychology--PCHD---NIE-_R00004286
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position
- A CV including a full publication list
- A statement of research interests
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience and evidence of teaching excellence (if available)
- 1 to 3 of your best publications
- Contact details of three referees (3 academic referees OR 2 academic and 1 professional)
- Any other documents beyond those stated on the application form that demonstrates your qualifications and credentials
This position will remain open until filled.
More information on PCHD can be found at https://www.nie.edu.sg/our-people/academic-groups/psychology-and-child-human-development.
For enquiries, interested applicants may write to Ms Joey Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants
We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).