SMTC was set up to spearhead Singapore's R&D efforts in fundamental and applied research in membrane science and technology. Collaborating with multidisciplinary talents across NTU, with other universities and industry partners, to develop new, low-cost, and improved membranes and membrane-based systems.
This job is expected to provide day-to-day support in the operation a pilot plant, conduct laboratory study to optimize the treatment process, perform water analyses, prepare progress reports and presentations.
- Evaluation and optimization of VSEP-NF for waste brine treatment
- Operation and maintenance of MIEX pilot
- Routine analysis of water quality
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involve in the development of real time monitoring methods for membrane fouling detection
- Participate in the development of rapid analysis methods for bioavailability in different water source
- Develop and assist in the development of protocol for laboratory analysis on the efficacy of biocides
- Conduct lab scale experiment and maintain operation in pilot system.
- Conduct water quality analysis using different analytical methods
- Travel to field sites to collect samples and record data
- To prepare research papers, reports and presentations
- Master degree from a reputable university in chemical/environmental engineering
- Relevant research experience on membrane technology
- Paper, proposal writing and report writing skill
- Oral presentation skill, Multitasking skill
- Self-motivated and able to work on your own and in a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication and writing in English
- Strong responsibility for research