Research Fellow, Physical Chemistry/Inorganic Chemistry
4 days left
- Full Time
The School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Fellow.
The candidate will need conduct independent research on:
- Investigation of reaction mechanism for CO2 photocatalytic and electrocatalytic reduction and H2O2 production by using in-situ fluorescence spectroelectrochemistry, in-situ Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, synchrotron-based X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) to explore the reaction intermediates and the electronic structure of the catalysts. The correlation of the local structure and catalytic performance is expected to be revealed
- Sustainable transformation of biomass and carbon dioxide into energy-rich fuels and value-added chemicals with high conversion efficiency.
- Development of atom-efficiency catalysts with molecule/atom scale active sites for photocatalysis or electrocatalysis towards CO2 reduction, H2O2 production etc.
- Regular reports and good documentation of work are expected
- Ph.D in Physical Chemistry or Inorganic Chemistry
- Strong ability to conduct independent research and publish journal papers and have good publication record in photocatalysis and electrocatalysis
- Strong analytical and conceptual abilities
- Strong research background based on two-dimensional nanomaterials, transition metal compound and COF/MOFs materials used as photocatalysts/electrocatalysts for CO2 reduction, ORR, OER, HER etc.
- Experience in heterologous catalysis, photocatalysis with green solvent (ionic liquid), electrocatalysis, fluorescence spectroelectrochemistry and chromatography is prerequisite
- Experience of using advanced equipment such as synchrotron radiation XAS, spherical aberration corrected STEM, EPR to analyse the electronic and local structure of the catalysts and the experience for the dynamic characterization such as ultrafast transient absorption spectroscopy is preferred
- Able to operate the TEM, SEM, XRD, UV-Vis, Gas Chromatography etc.
- Min 3 years of experience
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.