University Professor - Teaching: design, urban renewal and urban development
The Berlin University of the Arts (UdK) is one of the largest, most diverse and well-established art universities in the world – with around 4,000 students, 30% of whom from abroad. The range of courses offered by the Faculties of Fine Art, Design, Music and Performing Art as well as the Berlin Career College, the Berlin Jazz Institute and the Inter-University Centre for Dance Berlin cover the whole spectrum of art and related studies in over 70 degree programmes. With its authority to confer doctorate and post-doctorate degrees, UdK Berlin is also one of the few higher education institutions for art in Germany with university status. Moreover, programmes are offered for teaching in art, music and theatre. Around 200 artistic and academic professors, about 250 academic and artistic employees and around 300 employees in administration, libraries, service and technology work at UdK Berlin. Offering around 700 events per year, UdK Berlin is also a key venue in Berlin’s cultural landscape.
The following vacancy is available at UdK Berlin in the Faculty of Design – Institute for Architecture and Urban Development:
UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR (m/f/d)
– Salary grade W 3 –
Open-ended full-time employment
Field of teaching: design, urban renewal and urban development
Teaching obligation: 9 hours of teaching
Available: 1 April 2022
- Teaching and research in the above-mentioned field in the architecture study programme (BA, MA)
- Developing and conveying the practical and theoretical foundations for the planning of buildings, urban structures and strategies, for new and existing structures
- The focus of teaching lies on project work in design, as well as lectures and seminars in urban development and urban renewal
- Design teaching on matters relating to architectural and urban spaces, living environments and social processes
- Conceptual work on resource-saving construction methods and inclusive urban development
- Consideration of aspects of process design, participation and urban economy
- Interdisciplinary cooperation is expressly desired
- Involvement in academic self-administration
- Completed academic university studies in architecture or a subject corresponding to the field of teaching
- A doctorate in a corresponding field
- A post-doctorate lecture qualification or equivalent (e.g. junior professor)
- Relevant professional experience
- Evidence of pedagogic and didactic suitability through multiple years of teaching
- Fulfilment of the appointment requirement pursuant to Section 100 of the Berlin University Act (BerlHG)
What we offer:
- Interesting and varied work in a university and artistic environment
- Occupational health management
- Good public transport connections to the workplace and a discounted VBB job ticket
- Staff Exchange – a mobility programme for employees
UdK Berlin is committed to a discrimination-free hiring policy and attaches importance to equal opportunities and diversity.
It endeavours to increase the representation of women by hiring and promoting women particularly in leadership positions and in areas in which they are underrepresented, taking special consideration of gender mainstreaming. People with a recognised severe disability shall be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability. Please indicate your severe disability in your application. Applications from people with a migration background who meet the hiring requirements are expressly desired.
Please send your written application with compelling application documents, stating the reference number, to Universität der Künste Berlin – ZSD 1 –, Postfach 12 05 44, 10595 Berlin by post by 4 December 2020; submissions as parcels are to be addressed to Universität der Künste Berlin – ZSD 1 –, Einsteinufer 43, 10587 Berlin. In addition, please send your application electronically to email@example.com. By submitting an application, you provide your consent to the electronic processing and storage of your data.
For cost reasons, application documents may only be returned with an enclosed and sufficiently stamped return envelope.
Further information is available at www.udk-berlin.de/universitaet/stellenausschreibungen