- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Singapore (SG)
- 06 Nov 2020
- End of advertisement period
- 06 Feb 2021
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Job Type
- Senior Management & Heads of Department, Directors, Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Asian Drug-Resistant Infections Clinical Research Network National University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore – the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting a full-time Director for the Asian Drug-Resistant Infections Clinical Research Network (hereafter referred to as “Network”). The appointment will be at Associate or Full Professor level, depending on the experience and accomplishments of the candidate.
The network is jointly funded by the Wellcome Trust and Singapore institutions including the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health and Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. The vision of the Network is to improve public health by developing the clinical evidence base for the prevention and treatment of drug-resistant infections (DRIs). Its mission is to build and sustain a strategic clinical research network focused on most efficiently delivering locally relevant interventions for drug-resistant infections.
The Network aims to improve and strengthen clinical research capabilities in the region by acting as a platform to develop good principles and practices. It will stabilise capacity and capabilities to mitigate inefficiencies in trial start-up phase and loss of skillset following study closure, as in typical trial setup. The Network will continuously develop its capabilities, quality and efficiency by learning from and collaborating with other clinical trial networks.
In the long term, the Network aims to support broader infectious disease studies by expanding geographically beyond its original starting point in South East Asia and collaborating with other networks around the world. It will function as an active network that involves patients in platform trials, allowing for rapid clinical research response in the event of an emerging infectious disease or pandemic threat.
The Network will also alleviate the ethical, administrative, regulatory and logistical (EARL) barriers to clinical research to accelerate trial start-up, shorten study timeline and lower costs, through a Network Support Hub. The Network Support Hub will provide an appropriate level of centralised support to clinical studies and will be overseen by the Network Director.
The Director will be an academic and operational leader who works closely with the Network steering committee to deliver the Network’s aims and objectives.
- A senior authority on infectious diseases
- The ability to build and maintain a close relationship with stakeholders, including regulators and industry experts
- Extensive experience in clinical research and clinical trials (industry experience will be a bonus)
- Up-to-date knowledge of clinical trials regulations and Good Clinical Practice
- Demonstrable operational and intellectual drive
- Experience of working in Asia
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working with the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of working with regulators
- Track record of obtaining and managing substantial grant income
- Experience in establishing research networks
- Significant experience of managing teams
The Director is critical to the success of the network as this role will set the network’s scientific direction and work with the steering committee and secretariat team to ensure all stakeholders have the same goal. Key roles and responsibilities are described in more detail below.
- Set strategy and network direction
- Oversee network operations and overall performance of the network
- Engage with network partners and participants to build a community dedicated to a common vision
- Develop research proposals and obtain funding for research in DRIs, particularly clinical trials
- Engage with regulators and key industry experts effectively to stay updated on trial trends and regulation changes and resulting implications for the network
- Establish governance structure and align with steering committee and key stakeholders on organisational structure design, decision rights, data sharing policy, legal and financial mechanisms, obligations for network partners and project prioritization
- Participate in NUS as a senior faculty member, including mentoring of junior clinician-researchers and education
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 3 references, and a completed NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants form to:
Associate Professor Hsu Li Yang/ Miss Charmaine Tang
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
National University of Singapore
MD1, 12 Science Drive 2
#10-01, Singapore 117549
Email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on NUS please visit: www.nus.edu.sg.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Medicine & Dentistry Senior Management & Heads of Department jobs in Singapore
- Medicine & Dentistry Directors jobs in Singapore
- Medicine & Dentistry Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Medicine & Dentistry Professors / Chairs jobs in Singapore
- Medicine & Dentistry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Singapore