University Hardware Administrative Associate
The Hardware Program Administrative Associate (AA) is a member of Stanford University IT reporting to the Manager of Stanford University Hardware Program. The AA is part of a team responsible for day-to-day oversight of a program providing a service to clients, both external and internal, for this recently-launched program at Stanford University. He/she will maintain important clerical, purchasing, billing and reporting duties related to computer inventory under the program guidelines and will provide administrative or operational support with limited supervision.
- Order new computer equipment and accessories through university systems to maintain appropriate level of inventory.
- Collaborate with other team members to properly assess inventory.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and upload billing information.
- Communicate with clients and team to assist in expected levels of standards for this program.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Act on behalf of the program manager in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate priorities and execute multiple projects at one time in a calm and pleasant manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and experience in a customer service role especially with clients. Ability to work independently, to act with tact, discretion, and attitude of providing excellent customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this role by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position. Thank you for your interest!
Job Code: 4731
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 87674