Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Western Sydney University is a dynamic, student centered research led University located at the heart of Australia’s fastest growing and economically significant region, Western Sydney.
With 11 campuses, 49,000 students and over 5,000 staff, the University has 14 Schools with an array of well-designed programs and courses carefully structured to meet the demands of the future.
Within the context of the University’s integrated strategy ‘Securing Success’, the Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Barney Glover AO seeks a key member of his executive team – a Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
This internally and externally facing position will be responsible for:
- leadership in strategic and decadal planning
- support of the University’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander strategy and outreach
- oversight of University governance, audit and legal services
- effective strategic and financial management of the academic structure of the University including Clusters, Schools and The College.
This senior role carries with it a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of creative new programs and multidisciplinary initiatives to ensure Western Sydney students are well prepared for a digitally disrupted future and employment on graduation and that researchers continue to make an impact on society - locally and globally.
The Senior DVC will also have a major external focus - representing the University and Vice-Chancellor in advocacy, industry and business partnership development and government liaison.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the highest attributes of leadership, management experience and integrity within and outside the University sector.
For more information, or to obtain a copy of the Candidate Brief with details about WSU and this important position please click on the link below:
For a confidential discussion, please contact:
- Caroline Dever: Managing Partner, Education & Public Sector + 61 429 939 399
- Rebecca Willet: Head of Research +61 3 8375 7430
Applications will close COB 02 December 2020.