Post-Doctoral Position in Agricultural Economics Research
Job title: Post-Doctoral Position in Agricultural Economics Research
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, offers 14 moths’ job for a researcher (Post-Doctoral Position) under the project: “Supporting the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague”, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0016979.
The aim of the project, co-financed by EU (managing authority for Operational Program Research, Development and Education is Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport), is to support the development of international mobility of research staff at the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Salary: EUR 1650 per month (net)
Job type: full-time
Starting date: February 2020
Term contract duration: 14 months
Research aims to address questions related to the impact of economic and environmental factors on economic efficiency in Czech agriculture. It concerns the investigation of sources of agricultural productivity growth in the presence of environmental and social externalities. The research will also focus on the effects of public policies and climate change on yields and productions costs. The main outcome of the research is to provide evidence-based measures for the Czech agriculture supported by an international experience. The impacts of the research aim to contribute to intensifying international contacts in the research targeting the area of EU Common Agricultural Policy.
The researcher will work under the guidance of project coordinators at the Faculty of Economics and Management of Czech University of Life Sciences Prague to achieve a significant contribution to the dissemination of research findings through publications, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Completed Ph.D. education or appropriate level 8 of ISCED qualification completed within the last 7 years;
- Research experience in the analysis of productivity and applied econometrics;
- Publication activities in good impact factor publications – at least 2 publications within the last 3 years;
- The applicant has worked outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years as a researcher (0.5 contract or more) or has studied doctoral studies during the last 3 years.
Required application documents:
- Diploma (and its nostrification, if necessary);
- Professional résumé (CV), including a list of publications;
- Internship plan – availability, schedule of activities during 14 months of the job;
- A brief description of the research that the post-doc will work on, including justification for the study and its contribution to the field.
- Selection will be based on the relevance of candidate´s professional interests and experience, as well as excellence in research achievements.
Please apply before December 4th, 2020 by sending all required documents to Prof. Ing. Lukáš Čechura, Ph.D. (e-mail: email@example.com ). Application review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be contacted by December 18th, 2020.
About the employer:
Faculty of Economics and Management (FEM) is the largest faculty of the Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague. About 10,000 students are enrolled in the Faculty study programmes of all forms of education. The faculty offers a wide scale of education covering the areas of management, economics, ITC, systems engineering, public administration and regional development, which reflect the needs of the entire economy and society.
The faculty is engaged in theoretical and applied research, which addresses many areas corresponding with the study programmes. The research is implemented in co-operation with various research institutes, as well as with other organizations in the Czech Republic, Europe and overseas.