Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
(Academic Program Professional 2)
Job Code: 4112
Job Grade: J
FTE: 100%, Exempt
Department: School of Engineering, Computer Science
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world’s most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world’s most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques an systems. School of Engineering website: https://engineering.stanford.edu/
Founded in 1965, the Stanford Computer Science (CS) Department continues to lead the world in computer science research and education influencing society at levels that remain without parallel among academic institutions. Its spin-offs are among the most successful corporate ventures in the world, and many of the leaders in the academic and corporate research world are graduates of the Stanford CS Department.
The Computer Science department at Stanford University is excited to offer a new leadership position for its expanding diversity initiatives, the Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The ideal candidate is an experienced and dynamic leader who can help create an environment for the members of the department that is inclusive of all aspects of their personal identities (race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexuality, disability status, first-generation status, socioeconomic level, age, and broader diversity). This position will work in close coordination with the department’s diversity committee which is comprised of faculty, staff and student representation.
Computer Science website: https://cs.stanford.edu/
To be considered, applicants must submit a resume and cover letter.
Your responsibilities will include*:
- Develop and manage research programs by conducting research activities, including outreach to varied stakeholders within the program, assigning resources and making program improvement recommendations that impact policies and programs.
- Source, collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or function.
- Write and/or edit complex content for proposals, research grants, peer-reviewed publications, and other program activities.
- Contribute to and inform on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
- Develop or contribute to outreach strategy related to program communications, development, partnerships, and fundraising/funding.
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Advanced degree preferred and three years of relevant experience in area of specialization or combination of relevant education, training, and/or experience. For jobs with financial responsibilities, experience managing a budget and developing financial plans. Experience developing program partnerships and funding sources.
- Ability to develop program partnerships and funding sources.
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in area of specialization.
- Ability to manage budgets and develop financial plans.
- Successfully pass a background check (Criminal, Education, Employment Verification).
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4112
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 87657