KTP Associate – Data Scientist
School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences
KTP Associate – Data Scientist
Salary: Up to £37,000 per annum, plus £6,400 personal development budget
Based at Key Facilities Management Doune, with occasional travel to Paisley
37.5 Hours per week
Fixed term for 24 Months
An exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist has become available to work as a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) with a world leading team to build out on optimised facilities and the next generation of workplace need from connected assets to SMART buildings and beyond. The project focuses on developing a Smart Facilities Management (SmartFM) platform to provide deep insights and integration across multiple FM systems.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to register free of charge for a Higher Degree (PhD), receive training in Chartered Management Institute (level 5), work with senior company management to realise benefits to the business and apply their degree and lead their own project in a business environment.
KEY FM is a sector pioneer having contributed more pro rata to the professionalisation of the sector than any other business globally, the business specialises in FM consultancy, tailoring True FM services, digital transformation services and, smart technologies. Find out more by visiting: https://key.fm/about-key-facilities-management-consultancy/true-fm/
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. Find out more at https://www.uws.ac.uk/business/knowledge-expertise/knowledge-transfer-partnerships/ or contact Stuart McKay (email@example.com)
The successful candidate must possess:
A minimum of 2:1 in MSc in Computer/ Data Science, Electronic Engineering or minimum 2:1 BSc. Engineering/ Computing and having equivalent research and development experience.
Essential Experience we require as a minimum:
- Experience in development and application of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms.
- High level Python, C/C++, MATLAB programming experience.
- Experience of software design, documentation and management and, using analytics engines for Big data processing.
Essential skills we require as a minimum:
- Machine Learning Libraries
- Sound working knowledge of numerical and analytical techniques.
- Expertise in services and data integration approaches and framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of Deep Learning and fuzzy logic systems.
- Ability to analyse, design, develop, and validate integrated data science pipelines in varied and diverse business context
- Understanding of tagging conventions and taxonomies for equipment and operational data produced by smart devices (Project Haystack, BRICKS)
- Ability to work with real-time data from sensors and IoT Platform.
- Understanding of Agile software development practices.
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing date: Sunday 6 December 2020
Interviews date: Wednesday 16 December 2020 via Teams
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.