Dean of Research, UniSA Education Futures
6 days left
- Full Time
- Lead research innovation in the education disciplines at Australia’s University of Enterprise
- Salary negotiable, fixed term executive appointment up to 5 years
- Enjoy an enviable lifestyle based in Adelaide, South Australia
Australia's University of Enterprise
At UniSA, we educate global professionals ready to create and inspire change, and we deliver research that is informed by end users, as well as inspired by global challenges and opportunities, to deliver economic and social prosperity.
We look for those with the right knowledge, with creativity and a can-do attitude, who know how to communicate and collaborate. We value people who are inspired by new challenges, who ask questions and propose solutions, who are authentic, engaged and committed to our goals as a university.
At UniSA Education Futures we develop education professionals who will play a crucial role in the learning and development of children, young people and adults. Our research contributes to innovation in education and preparation for learning, supporting and informing new approaches to practice in the ever-evolving education sector.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Dean: UniSA Education Futures, the Dean of Research will:
- lead the development and delivery of research priorities, strategies and targets to determine the Academic Unit’s plan for growth and the delivery of the Universitys research strategy
- support and enable high quality, externally recognised research outputs and their dissemination and translation into impact by fostering a culture of engaged excellence in research across the Unit’s programs and wider University
- interact with industry, government, the professions and wider community on research matters, building opportunities for alliances and promoting the Unit’s research activities nationally and internationally
- lead the research performance through the supervision and development of staff to build a positive and collegial research culture
Essential Skills and Experience
We are seeking a strategic and visionary leader with:
- the skills and the ability to foster research innovation, developing and implementing global partnerships and industry connections
- an outstanding record of achievement in strengthening research outcomes within an increasingly competitive international higher education environment
- demonstrated leadership in developing interdisciplinary teams and driving relevant research-informed teaching
Benefits and Culture
You’ll enjoy a dynamic and agile culture, with a “can do” attitude, which thrives on breaking new ground. We offer a competitive remuneration package that includes generous superannuation contributions, relocation support and a range of other benefits including a family friendly approach to ensure you enjoy a healthy work/life balance and enviable lifestyle working and living in Adelaide.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. Please refer to the online application form which will indicate which selection criteria you need to address.
Please address your cover letter for the role to Bernie Dyer, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process contact the UniSA Recruitment Central Team on +618 8302 1700 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2593.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Friday 4 December 2020
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.