Research Assistant/Associate, LKCMedicine
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (Singapore) invites applications for:
Research Assistant/ Associate For Lipidomics and Metabolomics Research (Laboratory of Assistant Professor Xue Li Guan)
We are currently recruiting a Research Assistant/ Associate to join our Group (https://sites.google.com/site/lipidsinsystemshealthlab/). Lipids play important roles in human health and diseases, including metabolic diseases, cancer, neurodegeneration and infectious diseases. Our research focuses on next generation mass spectrometry-based metabolomics and lipidomics and the broader field of systems biology, and their exciting and stimulating applications in personalized health and medicine. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of investigators in LKCMedicine, clinical and industry partners and will be given comprehensive on-the-job training. The candidate is expected to participate in the Group’s basic and translational research including development of novel methods for high throughput sample preparation and analysis of small molecules derived from pathogens and humans using liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry systems. Other duties include procurement and safety to support laboratory research needs.
Candidates should preferably have/be
- A good BSc. or BTech-equivalent or higher in Lifesciences, Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or related fields. Depending on qualification, candidates with a PhD are encouraged to apply for a postdoctoral position.
- Preferably at least 1 year of experience in a research laboratory, but recent graduates with the right aptitude will be considered.
- Relevant experience in bioanalytical techniques (HPLC/ UPLC/ nano-LC MS/MS)
- Skills in sample preparations from biological matrices, and LCMS and LCMSMS method developments and applications
- Ability to analyse and interpret large-scale data using Excel, R and/ or Python and pathway analyses tools
- Prepared to undertake research administration tasks, including procurement, maintain laboratory SOPs, maintain instruments, etc.
- Background in lipids and small molecules will be an advantage but not mandatory
- A good sense of initiative and organization and ability to work in a team
Candidates who are interested in pursuing a PhD program are encouraged to contact us at the coordinates below.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with a cover letter, CV, list of publications (if applicable), half-page summary of prior research conducted, and names of two references at your earliest convenience.
Only full applications will be considered, and shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing date: Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis.