Research Assistant, LKCMedicine
1 day left
- Full Time
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Professor George Augustine
We are recruiting a Research Assistant to join the laboratory of Professor George Augustine at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKC Medicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Our lab focuses on the study of synaptic connections and molecular basis of neurotransmitter to elucidate the fundamental mechanism for information processing and storage in the brain. For more information, please visit:
- Establish and maintain primary cell cultures, and carry out plasmid transfection
- Maintain inventory of laboratory reagents and materials
- Purchase lab supplies
- Maintain records of experiments, protocols and compliant safety standards
- Coordinate weekly lab meetings
Qualifications and skillsets:
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (for associate level) or equivalent in any relevant field of neuroscience, cellular/molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Applicants should have at least 1 year of research experience and be proficient in basic molecular and cellular biology techniques, especially in cell culturing, histology, microscopy, etc
- Experience in working with animals models is an advantage.
- Self-motivated individual with an inquisitive mind and good analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Have effective communication skills, be well-organized and be able to shoulder responsibilities.
- Be able to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
- Being familiar with laboratory management and administration (e.g. procurement, safety) is a plus.
We will provide exciting opportunities and vibrant atmospheres as well as state-of-the-art core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please send your CV, cover letter and names of two references to Peggy Teo at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience, or click apply now.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC