Research Assistant, Microbiology and Analytical Chemistry
The Qiao lab in School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences is currently looking for a talented and highly motivated Research Assistant to join our team to perform routine bacterial culture work to isolate key metabolites in order to facilitate studies of the microbiota-host communication.
- Growth of large scale of bacterial fermentation culture
- Operation of centrifuges and high-speed centrifuges
- Operation of analytical High performance liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Performance of protein purification and buffer preparations
- Isolation of at least 50mg of each targeted bacterial metabolites
- Diploma in Chemistry or Biology with relevant research experience in the laboratory
- Experience in bacterial culturing, operation of basic instruments in laboratory
- Demonstrate passion and self-motivation to pursue interdisciplinary research
- A self-starter in learning new skills and techniques
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
If you are interested, please apply with a cover letter and CV at your earliest convenience. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please see www.yqiaolab.com for more information.
Hiring Institution: NTU