Research Associate, Psychology/Counselling/Social Work/Health Science
The School of Social Sciences is recruiting a Research Associate. The successful applicant will join an expanding team to work on projects in the field of End of Life Care, with a particular focus on pediatric palliative care and parental bereavement support. The primary study involves a Randomized Controlled Trials: a Narrative e-Writing Intervention for supporting Parents caring for a children with chronic life-limiting illnesses. Successful candidate is expected to work closely with terminally-ill patients, family caregivers and professional caregivers with the aim to develop cultural-specific and evidence-based psychotherapies for enhancing quality of palliative care in Singapore.
- Manage and coordinate research projects, in collaboration with principal investigators
- Literature review for development and refinement of psychotherapy
- Conduct and oversea data collection efforts including face-to-face counselling interviews, surveys and focus groups
- Data transcription and data analysis
- Compile and present research reports
- Co-author academic journal publications with project principle investigators
- Overall project management
- Minimum a Master’s Degree in psychology, counselling, social work, health science or related fields from a reputable university; candidates who is soon expected to graduate from a Doctorate Degree in the same fields will be favorably considered
- Minimum 4 years of clinical/research experience in the fields of hospice, palliative, end-of-life and bereavement care; candidates who specialize in pediatric palliative care will be favorably considered
- Strong experience in counseling, psychotherapy, survey and focus groups.
- Advanced training in qualitative and quantitative research methods, as well as IT skills is an added advantage.
- Competent in NVivo and SPSS
- A team player with the ability to work independently in a multi-cultural environment
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU