Research Fellow, Microelectronics
A Research Fellow position is currently available at the School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences. This is an Industry Collaboration Programme (ICP) with a focus on the development of non-volatile memory devices for embedded systems. The project involves university laboratory research on ReRAM materials and devices, as well as joint development with industry partner on 300 mm ReRAM wafer.
- Carry out physical vapour deposition (PVD) of non-volatile memory structures on 300 mm wafer using ULVAC Entron system
- Support the team’s effort in countering memory device processing challenges, which include device lithography patterning, RIE etching, and transistor integration
- Carry out device electrical transport measurement using probe station, or on bonded memory chip, and able to conduct memory test measurement
- A qualified PhD degree in relevant engineering or physical sciences
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong initiatives
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good scientific paper and intellectual property writing skills
- Semiconductor wafer development or manufacturing experience
The College of Science seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of merit, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.