Research Assistant, Electrochemistry
The College of Science seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of merit, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
The Asian School of the Environment (ASE) invites application for a part-time Research Assistant (RA) to join the team. The RA is needed to deliver key objectives of a CoS Collaborative Award to Patrick Martin and Han Sen Soo (School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS)). Although the RA will be formally employed under PI Martin, they will work across both research groups and thus contribute to a close collaboration between ASE and SPMS.
- Create different types of electrocatalysts
- Run electrochemical experiments to test and optimise catalyst performance
- Analyse product concentrations to determine reaction rates and efficiencies
- Contribute to general laboratory management and logistics
- Bachelor’s degree or Polytechnic Diploma in Chemistry from a recognised institution.
- Good knowledge of the principles of electrochemistry, catalysis, and analytical chemistry
- Strong laboratory skills in chemistry
- Organised in keeping laboratory notes
- Very good command of speaking and writing skills
- Able to learn new practical and theoretical skills quickly
- Positive working attitude and ability to work both in a team and independently
- Good listening and communication skills
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.