Lecturer, School of Health Care Sciences
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF HEALTH CARE SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Participating in skills training and assessment;
- Updating course content and revising study guides;
- Maintaining the electronic learning environment;
- Clinical supervision of students;
- Performing other academic and research duties as may be delegated by the Head of Department;
- Conducting research at a nationally and internationally competitive level;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, learning and community engagement.
- A relevant Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy;
- Current registration with Health Profession Council of South Africa;
- At least one year teaching experience at Higher Education Institution;
- One DHET accredited publication.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and mentoring skills;
- Good computer skills;
- Scientific writing skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A valid driver’s licence and own transport;
- PhD qualification
- A DHET accredited publication must preferably be published in the last two years
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 13 NOVEMBER 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr E Montane, email: Edwin.firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries, and Prof CJE Uys, Tel: (012) 356 3213 / 0824932014 for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.