Research Fellow, LKCMedicine
6 days left
- Full Time
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for:
Research Fellow in the Laboratory of Asst Prof Christine Siu Ling WONG
We are currently recruiting a Research Fellow who will join the laboratory of Nanyang Assistant Professor Christine Siu Ling Wong at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine), a joint medical school between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore.
The Wong Lab is located in the state-of-the-art Clinical Sciences Building in the Novena campus of LKCMedicine. We focus on dissecting mechanisms underlying metabolic disorders and their complications, with an overarching goal of unveiling novel therapeutic targets and/or diagnostic biomarkers for metabolic disease/conditions. We are particularly interested in delineating pathways that mediate enhanced formation of neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) in diabetes, and evaluating the impact of NETs on body systems under metabolic disturbances. We will employ a variety of in vitro assays, cell-based approaches, and in vivo murine disease models, in combination with human sample and patient data analysis to address our fundamental research questions. The School and our laboratory strongly support career development activities to help individuals advance in professionalism and achieve their career goals. Individuals with strong enthusiasm in metabolic diseases, hematology and vascular biology are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit http://www.lkcmedicine.ntu.edu.sg/aboutus/Faculty-and-Staff/Pages/Christine-Wong-.aspx.
The Research Fellow will hold research projects independently. The PI will provide initial project frameworks, and the Research Fellow is expected to actively incorporate new ideas to fuel research directions as the projects progress. Specifically, his/her responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Establishing mouse disease models and performing in vivo experiments, including survival surgery
- Performing various in vitro assays and experiments to study the underlying mechanisms leading to the disease phenotype (including histology, Western blotting, immunofluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, etc., on both animal and human samples), documenting results and analysing data
- Preparation of research deliverables, including writing manuscripts for publication, and making posters and slides for presentation in local and/or international conferences
- Contributing to research grant application, including literature review and obtaining preliminary data
- Overseeing mouse colony management
- Maintaining equipment, laboratory area and supplies in a neat and professional manner
- Participating in regular lab meetings/discussions and providing feedback on various projects in the lab actively
- Training junior team members
The candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- PhD in Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, or related disciplines from reputable university
- Experienced in mouse handling and experimentation
- Proficient in standard biochemical, molecular and cellular assays
- Proficient in histology, immunofluorescence staining and confocal microscopy
- Experience in mouse survival surgery and/or in vivo imaging is a plus
- Proficient in writing manuscripts, scientific reports, and research proposals
- Scientific excellence demonstrated by publications in international peer-reviewed journals, research awards, etc.
- Well-organized and attentive to details
- Be able to work independently and responsibly, as well as a proactive team player with excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, and ready to collaborate within the laboratory and beyond
- Self-motivated, capable in setting priorities and thinking critically
- Enjoy troubleshooting
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please apply with your cover letter, CV, list of publications, a 1-page summary of research conducted previously and expectations/goals in postdoctoral training, and names/contact details of two references at your earliest convenience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: LKC