Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
This position entails analysis of inter-annual variability surface properties in the Southern Ocean. The goal is to assess reasons for anomalous warming and sea ice loss in the Southern Ocean in recent years.
- Complete and analyze surface budgets of heat and freshwater
- Obtain, ensure quality control, and work with both in situ ocean observations and atmospheric reanalysis data sets
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in physics, mathematics, or another suitable scientific field
- Familiarity with both obtaining, quality controlling, and working with both in situ ocean observations and atmospheric reanalysis data sets
- Previous experience working with software such as Matlab or Python for carrying out the data analysis
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Previous research experience, especially in oceanography or polar climate science