Laboratory Engineer/Safety Officer
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Lab Engineer/Safety Officer oversees the Caltech MEMS Labs and equipment.
- Oversees lab safety by holding safety instruction to new researchers and then monitors researchers once they are doing their research to make sure all safety protocols are adhered
- Works with Caltech Safety to make sure labs are in compliance and Caltech Property Services to maintain accurate record of all equipment
- Provides guidance to researchers on proper equipment operation
- Maintains all equipment so that research can continue without delay
- Works with vendors to coordinate complex equipment repairs or other lab issues
- Develops new safety and lab protocols as needed
- Participates in lab meetings to update PI and researchers on lab issues and changes
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 10 years or more experience.
- Experience with maintenance and reparation of basic vacuum systems and electronics