Medical Research Specialist I
Applications are invited for the post of Medical Research Specialist with a special focus on qualitative research methods at the Institute of Public Health (IPH), College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University. The IPH has a wide range of interest areas including Public Health, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and Occupational and Environmental Health. The successful applicant will provide educational, technical and administrative support to IPH for its teaching and research activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical, administrative and computing support to faculty and students using statistical and presentational software (STATA, SPSS, R, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Assist with research studies including data collection, data entry and analysis.
- Assist with teaching sessions including computer practical sessions.
- Provide assistance with the design and preparation of slides, posters and graphics for presentations, conferences and medical exhibitions (local & international).
- Perform other academically-related duties as determined by the head of department.
Applicants should possess a Master degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a closely related Basic/Health Science subject along with relevant experience in research and teaching.
PhD in Public Health degree
- Familiarity with qualitative research methods, including data collection, data entry and analysis.
- Experience in using qualitative research software (Nvivo).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Abilities to conduct interviews, experience in transcribing records and provide a thematic analysis.
- Excellent computing skills and familiarity with the use and application of statistical packages, databases, spreadsheets & graphics.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Good team working skills and flexibility with working hours. Fluency in English.
- A working knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic, Urdu, Hindi, Tamil and/or Malayalam will be an advantage.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Candidates should submit a cover letter together with a full curriculum vitae
Division College of Medicine&Health Sciences
Department Public Health Institute - (CMHS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED