Lecturer, Department of Psychology
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be expected to engage in:
- Teaching, curriculum development and co-ordinating programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervising postgraduate research appropriate to the post level;
- Supervising practical work in the MA (Clinical Psychology) programme;
- Conducting research at a competitive level, commensurate to the level of appointment and actively contributing to the Department’s research profile;
- Performing various academic and administrative duties as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology;
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Clinical Psychologist for at least three years;
- Evidence of research output (e.g. publications in peer-reviewed journals or significant progress with PhD studies).
RECOMMENDATIONS AND ADDED ADVANTAGES:
- PhD or registration for doctoral studies;
- Ability to train and supervise student psychologists in psychological assessment and psychometrics, ideally neuro-cognitive and medico-legal assessment;
- Ability to lecture in at least two, but preferably more, of the following areas: introductory psychology, cognitive psychology, psychological assessment, abnormal psychology, developmental psychology.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (practice, academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 14 November 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof T Guse, firstname.lastname@example.org (for queries about the position)
Ms K Dinyake, email@example.com (for queries about application)
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 January 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.