Course and Event Scheduling Specialist
Would you like to use your expertise of analyzing complex business processes and checking the accuracy of data entered into systems to support Stanford students, faculty and staff? We are seeking a Course and Event Scheduling Specialist to join the Office of the University Registrar. The Course and Scheduling Specialist is part of a team responsible for scheduling approximately 3000 courses, 200 classroom spaces and 500 events across campus each quarter. This position will analyze complex business processes involved in compiling course data and scheduling classes at the university, as well as audit the accuracy of data entered into the student information system by 180+ departmental staff.
About the Office of the University Registrar in Student and Academic Services:
The Office of the University Registrar, a unit within Student and Academic Services, supports teaching and learning at Stanford by maintaining the integrity of academic policies and the student information system. We are the stewards of Stanford's student records from application to degree conferral in perpetuity.
Student and Academic Services is a unit within Stanford Student Affairs and directly supports Our Most Important Work. Inclusion and diversity are integral to Stanford’s commitment to excellence. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide consultation to schools, departments, faculty, and staff on issues related to event scheduling, course set-up and enrollment management.
- Administer and implement university and department policies and procedures on issues regarding course and event scheduling.
- Manage processes and programs to implement the goals of the unit, department, or division.
- Develop and implement recommendations and collaborate with staff, faculty and other offices to resolve programmatic issues within the school and across functional units, (such as strategizing to ensure optimal enrollment).
- Contribute to development of business practices and organizational change within course and event scheduling to improve processes and workflow.
- Work collaboratively with system analysts and programmers to identify and resolve problems.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources including student feedback, surveys, trend reports, and data analytics. Prepare and summarize reports and make recommendations to enhance offerings, such as programs and courses and to influence current processes and policies.
- Audit academic courses for accuracy during the year, especially before Axess opens for enrollment.
- May develop marketing materials and strategies for program activities and outreach functions. Assist in planning and developing webinars, education fairs and other external functions.
- Analyze and reconcile diverse transactions from multiple sources.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and management.
- Advanced analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Three years of experience scheduling courses, classes and/or events.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or equivalent student information system, CPS (Curriculum Planning System), Remedy/Service Now.
Able to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7502
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87618