IT Senior Software Developer
The position will be reporting to the Manager of the Financials System Support group within Enterprise Technology (ET) in University IT (UIT). This position requires a good combination of functional and technical knowledge of ServiceNow suite of Applications. A successful candidate will have demonstrated a track record of delivering quality solutions providing with the highest value to the University and solid technical expertise on ServiceNow. The candidate should have experience in performing production support activities including, and not limited to, maintaining system configurations, data cleanup, testing, filing/resolving service requests, and estimating enhancements.
The Financials System Support team is responsible for the support, maintenance, operations and upgrades of ServiceNow as well as other third party/custom applications/integrations and applications custom developed internally at Stanford. The team also supports custom applications integration with other Oracle Financials Systems, Enterprise Data Warehousing and Incorta.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop solutions for complex system/programs independently.
- Oversee testing, debugging, change control, and documentation for major projects
- Supervise professional staff, as necessary, working on all phases of application development
- Engage in long-term strategic planning.
- Define complex application development administration and programming standards.
- Oversee the support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Review the physical design of existing systems for optimizing performance.
- Lead projects, as necessary, for special systems and application development in areas of complex problems.
- Work with other technical professionals to develop standards and implement best practices.
- Follow team software development methodology. This includes but not limited to Change Control, Code Review and Change Management
- Mentor lower level software developers
- Perform support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications.
- Partner with business management to define the appropriate technical solutions.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or related field and five years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience. Certified ServiceNow developer and administration is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Experience with ServiceNow and ITIL process for 3 years is a must
- Experience with ServiceNow workflow, server scripting, client scripting, flow designer, ACL’s and reports is a must
- Working knowledge on Agile development process
- Any experience on ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management is a plus
- Incorta, Tableau and SQL skills is a plus
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Relocation or sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory for all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with any disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4823
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: L
- Requisition ID: 87620